Pages

Monday 20 April 2015

Recipe: Banana Muffins

Today I've decided to post something a bit different from what I usually post, and have a recipe for you. A week or so ago, I had a craving for some banana muffins so searched the web for a recipe but actually couldn't find one that I though sounded any good, so I decided to grab one of my recipe books and adapt a basic muffin recipe. I really enjoy baking and bake quite often so this wasn't a problem for me and found that they turned out pretty tasty! The recipe is really easy to follow and includes ingredients that your likely to have in your kitchen already. If any of you do decide to give these a go then let me know how they turned out! This recipe is also on my main blog which you can find here.


Ingredients:
125g butter
125g caster sugar
Few drops vanilla extract
1 egg
2-3 over-ripe bananas
190g self raising flour
60ml milk
12 muffin cases

Method:
1. Start by preheating oven to 190°C/180°C (fan oven). 
2. Measure out the butter and sugar and heat in either the microwave(for around 1 minute) or on the hob. Keep mixing until the sugar and butter are combined.
3. Next add a few drops of vanilla extract, but this is optional so feel free to miss this step out!
4. Now it's time to mash the bananas and then add to the mix. If you fancy changing these up a bit you could try adding walnuts or chocolate chips!
5. Add the egg to the mix and mix until combined. You can do this by hand but I find it much easier to use an electric mixer.
6. Now stir in the flour and the milk to the mixture.
7. Share the between 12 muffin cases in a muffin tray, or if you haven't got a muffin tin then you can always pop the mixture into cupcake case. A good way to make sure that you have an equal amount of mixture in each one is to use an ice cream scoop! If you want to ad a crunch to the tops, sprinkle on some demerara sugar before putting into the oven.
8. Pop them into the oven and bake for around 15-20 minutes (or until golden). Once cooked, remove and leave to cool.

9. Now it's time to eat, enjoy!

12 comments: